The Best Way to Use Malwarebytes to Prevent Android Slowdowns
Malwarebytes is one of the most trusted names in antivirus software, and its Android app offers powerful protection against malicious apps and websites that can slow down your phone. The newest version of Malwarebytes includes additional features to protect against adware and phishing, as well as a new security feature called Threats Dashboard, which sends you a notification if an app has access to data you don’t want it to access or if an app tries to send personal information over the internet without your permission. Here’s how to use Malware bytes wisely to prevent Android slowdowns.s
Download and Install Malware bytes
Malware bytes is an antivirus program that scans and removes viruses, malware, spyware, and other computer security threats. Malware bytes can be downloaded onto any device (PCs, Macs, smartphones) for a one-time fee of $39.99 per year. To download the app on your phone, you first need to go to the Play Store in the Apps section of your phone. Next tap on search at the top of the screen and type in Malware bytes into the search bar.
Update Malware bytes
1 Install the latest update for your operating system if you haven’t already. Make sure you’re on an operating system that has the most recent security patch updates, as these have been patched by Google in response to recent vulnerabilities in the mobile OS, especially if you use a Google Nexus device. 2. Go into Settings > Battery and disable Power Saving Mode when possible so that your battery life isn’t depleted too quickly. 3. Disable any unnecessary power-hungry apps by going into Settings > Apps (or Apps & Notifications) and tapping on the three dots at the top right corner of every app name to find its corresponding options menu that lets you toggle permissions, battery optimization, show notifications, or remove it altogether.
Scan your phone with Malware bytes
Download the free mobile app, install it on your phone, and scan your device for malicious content. If malware is found, it will automatically get removed with just a tap of the repair button. Be sure to use Malwarebytes often so that you don’t fall victim to malware on your phone.
- Download the free mobile app by clicking below:
- Install the app onto your smartphone or tablet
- Tap on scan and wait while the software analyzes your device’s data
- Review any threats found and click repair if necessary
- Restart your phone
Remove items found by Malware bytes
- Be sure to close the Malwarebytes app after you are done scanning your phone. If it crashes and you don’t, this may lead to a system error where it will close on its own.
- Keep an eye on CPU usage: if your device is always reaching 100% CPU, turn off the phone’s Wi-Fi for five minutes, then re-enable it and see if the problem persists.
- Keep in mind that opening large apps or high-powered games may cause issues with slow performance as well. Close any unneeded apps and try playing simpler games until you find one that doesn’t slow down your system, or download new ones from trusted sources when possible
Uninstall apps that cause a slowdown
Some apps can bog down your phone, including streaming apps like Netflix or Pandora. To check for these bad app seeds, launch the Apps screen from Settings. Look at the Battery section and look for app icons with a red triangle warning symbol. If you tap on any of these individual apps, you’ll see how much battery life it’s eating up each hour and if that list includes your streaming apps, start uninstalling them one by one until your phone is running smoothly again.
It’s also a good idea to periodically uninstall old apps in order to keep things running smoothly and avoid slowdown caused by the random errors that inevitably crop up as apps get older.